The Section of Infectious Diseases is an academic section providing specialist consultative care to inpatients at all adult acute care sites and to inpatients in a variety of venues including:
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
- Calgary STI Clinic
- General Infectious Diseases Clinic at the Rockyview Hospital
- Home Parenteral Therapy Program (HPTP) clinics at all sites
- Southern Alberta (HIV) Clinic
- Tropical Infectious Diseases Clinic
In addition, our members are involved in activities related to Infection Prevention and Control, diagnostic microbiology, critical care medicine, antibiotic formulary management, clinical informatics and medical administration.
We are active participants in the education of new physicians at all training levels as per the educational mandate of the University Of Calgary Faculty Of Medicine and Alberta Health Services.
We are actively involved in a myriad of research activities in Infectious Diseases, Microbiology and Public Health, through the III Institute of the Faculty of Medicine.