Our only focus is helping you breathe easy. Because when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters.
Our specialized, collaborative group of over 35 physicians, therapists, researchers and academics based at the University of Calgary and Cumming School of Medicine, are Canada’s top lung specialists and are globally recognized for our ongoing contributions to innovative and emerging treatments.
We are the number one choice of family physicians for complex, acute lung diagnosis, patient care and consultations in the region, which includes the Calgary zone and southern Alberta, as well as southeastern B.C. and parts of Saskatchewan.
We are purely focused on lung health, research and specialist medical training.
WHO WE ARE
- Caregivers:Our dedicated team of more than 35 specialist doctors and other health care professionals anchors the depth and breadth of respiratory services provided from all Calgary hospitals, directly serving patients from across Southern Alberta and Southeastern BC, and across Canada via consultation requests from other physicians.
- Colleagues: Referring physicians have easy access to our specialist consultations and a 1-step process for getting patients to the right experts in a timely manner.
- Researchers:We are leaders of innovation, creating new technologies that help to evolve respiratory care across Canada and internationally.
- Teachers: Our physicians and researchers participate in the highly sought after accredited training for Pulmonary Medicine in the Respiratory Medicine section, University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine.
- Community leaders: We’re not just plugged in to the world’s leading networks of respiratory research, knowledge-sharing, academics and patient care. We create it.
Put the full power of the collaborative Calgary Respiratory Medicine team at the University of Calgary behind your lungs. And then, breathe easy.
WHAT WE DO
Our lung specialists provide expert general and specialist care clinics from convenient locations across Calgary and through all four city hospitals as the Alberta Health Services (AHS) designated respiratory consultation service for the region. Anything about lungs or breathing in adult patients, we are the recognized area and national experts with experience in, and access to, the latest treatments, technology and research. We are leading Canadian respiratory and pulmonary experts in 10 subspecialty areas:
Breathe Easy. We are Calgary Respiratory Medicine. We can help.
- Physician referral: Form and Process
- Patient inquiries:Contact your family physician or primary care network
WHERE TO FIND US
|Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)||SHC|
|Asthma / COPD||Dr. Brandie Walker||FMC, RGH|
|Bone Marrow Transplant||TBCC|
|Calgary Advanced Respiratory Disease Clinic||Dr. Tara Lohmann||SHC|
|Chronic Cough Clinic||Drs. Stephen Field (FMC), Juri Janovcik (PLC), Tara Lohmann (SHC)||FMC, PLC, SHC|
|Dyspnea Clinic||Dr. Alain Tremblay||TBCC|
|General Respirology||FMC, PLC, RGH, SHC|
|Interstitial Lung Disease||Dr. Charlene Fell||SHC|
|Interventional Pulmonary Medicine & ATOP||Dr. Alain Tremblay||SHC|
|Lung Transplant||Dr. Doug Helmersen||FMC|
|Pulmonary Hypertension||Dr. Doug Helmersen||PLC|
|Respiratory Neuromuscular||Dr, Karen Rimmer||PLC|
|Sleep Medicine||Dr. Pat Hanly||HSC|
|Tuberculosis||Dr. Dina Fisher||SRP|
|Vocal Cord Dysfunction||RRC|
- Alberta Lung Association
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Asthma Society of Canada
- British Thoracic Society
- Alberta Health Services
- Canadian Association of Thoracic Surgeons
- Canadian Lung Association
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD)
- Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Lung Association, The
- National Sleep Foundation
- Cumming School of Medicine Respiratory Program Donations
- World Health Organization – Information on SARS