Calgary Respiratory Medicine is a great option for Calgary Zone family physicians. Benefits for you and your patients that can’t be replicated by community respirology/pulmonology practice include:
- Expertise: World-class experts in general and 13 sub-specialty respiratory areas; the most experience, the best care and equipment, and the latest knowledge all focused on your patient.
- Convenience: Diagnosis and treatment provided across the city from clinics at all four acute care sites, and throughout the surrounding area; often patients can choose their preferred location; we also consult and see patients from across southern Alberta and southeastern B.C.
- Access: We are leaders in the variety of simple and convenient channels and platforms that we use to connect with you and your staff for consultations and education.
- Collaboration: Your patients have our entire team working for them. Within our group of medical practitioners, faculty and researchers we regularly connect to share and consult on our own patient cases and to learn about innovations from our professional networks. The vast majority of us regularly contribute research and run clinical trials, connecting us academically and professionally to other leaders in the field.
- Efficiency: 1-step referral process.
I’M NOT SURE WHAT MY PATIENT NEEDS
Lung disease takes many forms. It can be rare and complex. Identifying and navigating the appropriate sub-specialty care for your respiratory patient needs shouldn’t cause delays and frustration.
Calgary Respiratory Medicine provides services across Calgary’s four adult acute care sites. Some services are provided at all sites, so patients can choose a preferred location.
For most respiratory services you only need to know one simple referral pathway. Then let our city-wide network of specialists triage respiratory cases for you.
- See the referrals section below to complete and submit the Generic Referral Form to get our team on the case for your respiratory patients.
- Referrals for the following three pulmonary areas of expertise should be sent directly to that clinic.
I KNOW WHAT MY PATIENT NEEDS
REFERRALS TO CALGARY RESPIRATORY MEDICINE
Respiratory referrals for all other general or sub-specialty care are quick and easy:
- Complete the Alberta Health Services’ Generic Referral Form.
- Referral to a specific respirologist can be indicated on the referral form.
- Referrals for the following three pulmonary areas of expertise should be sent directly to that clinic – contact information is listed below..
- Fax completed forms to PCAT (Pulmonary Central Access and Triage) at 403-592-4201.
- There may be requirements for tests to be completed before the referral is made. Please consult the Alberta Referral Pathways guide for PCAT for specific information.
- PCAT confirms receipt of a referral within two business days by return fax.
- Wait times vary depending on the site the patient would like to be seen at and the type of clinic required.
Additional information about referrals can be obtained from the Alberta Referral Directory.