The Division of Rheumatology offers an integrated musculoskeletal program of clinical care in a collaborative manner with Allied Health professionals using a multi-site model.
The Division of Rheumatology currently delivers services at the Richmond Road Diagnostic Centre, the South Health Campus and five community-based private office practices. Our catchment area includes the southern half of Alberta and extends into southeastern British Columbia and southwestern Saskatchewan.
Core activities include:
- Specialty clinics – Urgent Assessment, Early Inflammatory Arthritis, Biologics Clinic, Spondylarthropathy, Lupus/Vasculitis, Scleroderma, Young Adults with Rheumatic Disease (YARD), Nurse Practitioner, Siksika Nation, Stoney Health Care Centre (Morley), Levern (Kainai Nation), Elbow River Healing Lodge, Tsuut’ina Nation, Calgary Foothills Primary Care Network and CUPS.
- A Division wide Central Access &Triage System, with over 30,000 patients have been triaged and tracked in our centralized database system since 2006.
- Inpatient consultative service is provided to the four acute care hospitals in Calgary.
- We are actively involved in undergraduate to postgraduate and continuing medical education at the University of Calgary and have a Royal College certified specialty training program.
- Our research activities range a broad scope of health research, epidemiology, clinical trials, and biomarkers / autoantibody diagnostics.
Recruitment remains a Sectional priority as the marked growth in the population of Calgary continues to increase the demand for clinical services. Calgary is a vibrant city (population 1,200,000) situated near the Rocky Mountains, Banff National Park and Lake Louise.
Administrative Assistant to:
Dr. Paul MacMullan, Zone Clinical Section Chief, Section of Rheumatology